Tuesday, January 20, 2015

#Twinning

#Twinning

After boarding the MV Explorer, Gabby and I eagerly made our way to our brand new cabin.  4067.  Although at the time this number meant nothing to us, it would soon be our only address for the next 4+ months.  Where do we live? 4067.  Whats our phone number? 4067.  Where can we find you if we need you? 4067.  Should I change my billing address simply to '4067', should I have my mail forwarded here, I mean, where else do I actually live?  We nervously approached our cabin, wondering just how small this space could be.  Me, being myself, meticulously inspected any image of the cabins I could find on the SaS website, on google image, on youtube, you name it, i saw it.  Somehow in my head, I had manifested one of the largest cabins on board.  One with a sitting area, a queen sized feather bed, and closet space to spare.  Then, we opened the door.  4067. cozy,  lets say very cozy.  Instead of the seating area I imagined, we had a small chair placed haphazardly next to a tiny glass table.  The closet was, well, limited. Lastly, in place of that queen-sized feather bed, you guessed it, 2 twin beds separated by nightstands permanently attached the floor (or so we thought at the time).   2 twin beds, this could be interesting...  We had our first meeting about 10 minutes after boarding, so we dropped our 4 carry ons, and forgot about the 2 twin beds.  After a long day of orientation, we returned to our cabin exhausted and ready to go to sleep.  oh, yah, twin beds. and so, this newly wed couple wished each other good night each snuggly tucked into  their own twin bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment